I am in a coaching program and today our mentor gave us a dose of "tough love" on the subject of taking personal responsibility for our future. I needed to hear that message from her, as I have not been playing 'full out' to create my future to what I want it to be by creating financial freedom. This is a personal growth issue for me and it made me think about taking responsibility for my future. Therefore, I decided to write about it.
How well are you doing with taking responsibility for your future? Is the way you live your life a “life changing opportunity”? Are you living a “life by default” (which means a life where you are just going through the motions) or are you creating “a life by design”? That means that you know what you want to create in your future, you’ve found the vehicle that will get your to your chosen destination, and you are taking immediate action with a game plan. You are creating your future financial success.
Is your future yours OR is it someone else's? That may sound like a strange question to you. However, lots of people have difficulty claiming their future. Most people really do not have an action plan that will get them to their destination? So, do YOU own your future?
1. I know what matters most to me. I am clear about what I want in my life and I honor my inspirations when I am following my path.
2. I take full responsibility of my past present and future. Everything that has happened in my past, my present, and my future is a result of the choices that I have made, the thoughts I’ve thought, the beliefs that I’ve had, and the actions I’ve taken.
3. When bad things happen in my life I understand that I am the sole creator of those situations — even the really bad things. Can you take responsibility for these things even when they don't "seem" like your fault?
4. I spend time each day creating my future. I visualize events happening just the way I would want them to and I take actions each day that are inspired by my decision to follow my bliss.
5. I am a “responder” versus a “reactor”. (Learning to “respond” requires inner power and “reacting” means you’re giving your power away). I choose to respond to my life which means that I choose my thoughts and emotions in each situation. I support and honor the goals and vision that I want to achieve. When I have thoughts and emotions that are not in line with what I want, I deliberately change them because they will contribute to my personal success.
6. Creating my future is a never ending process that never "gets done". Therefore, I freely give up the burden of having to accomplish anything with pain. Instead I choose to create with joy.
7. I understand that my future goals are more than just a destination. My future depends on my choice to set goals that matter to me and I learn from them as I evolve. I am the student, the teacher in my life, and a life-long learner.
If you answered “YES” to 7 of these questions; then, you own and claim your future! You are making each moment a “life changing opportunity”. Therefore, you need to take pride in the thoughts, beliefs, and actions because it’s first step to creating the life that you desire. If you answered “NO” to any of these questions consider integrating them into your life and be sensitive to the changes that occur in you life because of it.
I want to encourage you to take total personal responsibility for your future. You are the only one that can claim your future and own your future. However, until you make a decision to make this a “life changing opportunity” to own your future; you will give your power away to someone or something else.
If you need to hire a coach or mentor to help you create the future you want, you might consider doing this. This is an investment in your personal growth. This is 'your life' and you are the only one that can change it. I've learned that nobody is coming to save me. LOL!
Think about what it means to "own" something. You have power over that thing. You make the decision about how that thing will serve you whether it is your car, your house, or your “online business.” What kind of internal shift would you make just by making the statement that you "own your future"?
Your future is there to serve you; and not for you to serve it. This perspective will make you a very powerful creator. Therefore, you need to become a conscious creator today; and claim your future by owning it.
Please leave your comment below and tell me what you learned and how I can assist and serve you.